Become a Sponsor
A Summer Destination!
Every summer more than 12,000 people come to downtown Saskatoon and make their way to the riverbank to experience professional theatre at The Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan Festival. Another 3,000 or more people come to enjoy the many other activities offered by Saskatchewan’s longest running theatre festival. The iconic plays of William Shakespeare are the centre piece of a large 7 week festival that also features Medieval Feasts, Sunday Tea, Youth Workshops, Post Show Talk Backs, a Lecture Series and live local acts on the Community Stage. For more than 30 years the festival has been dedicated to employing both emerging and professional Saskatchewan artists and using local service providers first and foremost.
Connected to the Community!
Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan’s receives over 16,000 website visits each season, and has a growing social media following on Twitter (1,252 followers), Facebook (1,890 likes) and Instagram (517 followers) – a broad connected audience of more than 3,600 and growing. You can help us create social media strategies that are planned in advance to target your potential customers in our audience! #yxearts #exploresask #exploreyxe
A Saskatoon Institution!
You will be partnering with a world-class charitable arts organization known across Canada and around the world for its longevity and production quality. Saskatonians and patrons from all over Saskatchewan have supported local artists, and helped Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan also develop dedicated national and international followers.
Commitment to our Corporate Partners:
Your brand advertised to a large and diverse number of patrons, more than 12,000 each season:
- 60% from Saskatoon, 40% from other communities or tourism
- Majority of patrons are over the age of 35, the decision-makers in our communities
- Partners are recognized on on-site signage easily seen by the by the tens of thousands of people who spend time on Meewasin Trail, visiting this destination area that features the Mendel Art Gallery and the newly renovated Kinsmen Park. This season extra off-site signage will be provided for our top-level sponsors – an average of 94 people per hour walk past our site all summer, 164 people per hour during peak times!
- Your brand will be recognized on our website, planned social media and in our programs
Your brand will be associated with a popular and respected cultural institution:
- 97% of those surveyed consider the Festival to be an important part of the community; even those who have never attended
- 98% of audience members say they plan to attend again
Where do your Sponsorship Dollars go?
Sponsorships can be invested in capital projects, used to enhance Festival awareness, or to engage in educational and community outreach programs. We take pride in creating local partnerships that are tailored to fit your company’s vision and we would love to get your employees involved in opportunities to engage with the public or the artists at the festival.
We can tailor make sponsorship packages to suit any business. If your business has specific needs or would like to learn more about potential sponsorship opportunities, contact us.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Rick EwenChair
- Eric ClineVice-Chair
- Angie FergussonTreasurer
- Karen HaywardSecretary
MEMBERS AT LARGE
- Sheldon Born
- James Davie
- Leslie Fenyes
- Mike Furi
- Carey Hyndman
- Corinne McKay
- Joanne Rochester