By: Alan Long
Category: In the News
Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan presents:
Chefs on the Saskatchewan
An Exclusive New Fundraising Event for 2017
August 10, 2017 – 5pm to 10:30pm – Tickets $150
Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan Site
Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan is excited to announce a new tradition beginning in 2017. The company will retire our beloved spring fundraiser, the Bard’s Birthday Bash, and replace it with a one-of-a-kind summer event at our beautiful location on the south bank of the Saskatchewan River. We want to thank the host Delta Bessborough Hotel and our dedicated supporters and volunteers that made the Bash so special year after year! However, we are looking forward to our new feature event on our reconfigured site in 2017.
Saskatoon’s best independent chefs are working together to make an evening of food and drink pairings you will not soon forget! Jennifer Schrenk (Chef Jenni) presents our main course and is joined by Chef Matthew Fehr (Figs and Pigs Catering), and our delicious dessert Chef Heather Bekar (Chef De Partie Catering). We are excited to have these three amazing local chefs on board as well as Saskatchewan producers Fonos Fish, Black Fox Farms and many more to come. It will be an immersive foody experience with each chef introducing their course with special attention to locally sourced ingredients and their connection to the natural environment! What could be better than a warm summer evening by the river with great food, drink and Shakespeare’s beautifully crafted Twelfth Night?
The evening will also include:
- Door prizes from local food producers
- Door Prize: Two weekend passes to the annual Northern Lights Blue Grass Festival August 18 – 20
- Premium seating at that evening’s performance of Twelfth Night
- Premium beer, liquor and wine pairings offered with each course
- Live Auction: Dinner for Four, Dinner for Six and Dinner for Ten supplied by Figs and Pigs Catering, Chef Jenni and Chef De Partie Catering respectively – three opportunities to bid on a privately catered event for you and your friends!
- Live bluegrass music!
Stay tuned for more announcements! Save the date (Thursday August 10), tickets go on sale in April!